Children at St Mary's
On a Sunday our children meet for young church in 3 groups.
Meet in the meeting room
Meet in the main hall
Meet in the main hall
- Families begin their worship time together at St Mary’s church on a Sunday morning at 10.30 and the children are invited to attend their groups in the underground/overground.
- Parents should register their children for the session and collect a pass from the table before the service.
- When directed, parents will guide their children to their groups.
Towards the end of the service the children will return to join the main body of the church and parents are invited to collect their children and hand their pass back to the children’s leaders.
The teaching curriculum used at St Mary’s is The Bible Curriculum. We adapt this to suit the children and our sessions involve prayer, a bible story, craft and learning through play.
You can have a look at our curriculum here: www.thebiblecurriculum.com/
All the elements are used to teach and have fun together and to discover more about Jesus.
We also have..
We also offer a space for children under 3 years where parents can stay in the church to worship with their young babies.
We offer activity bags for children over 3 years.
On the first Sunday of each month the families join together for an All Age Sunday service in the church. On the 5th Sunday all children join together in the hall for a special prayer and praise session with activities and games.
This year our theme is 'Superheroes' in the Bible - Joshua, Ruth and Boaz, Abraham, Jesus ….
Our award winning* toddler group!
Refreshments for adults and children plus parties on special occasions.
Costs start at £2 per session for mum and toddler. Drop in sometime or, for more information, email email@example.com
*Netmums Favourite 2013
If you would like to help or serve in Young Church, you can volunteer as follows...
- Pray for the young Church leaders
- Pray for the children that they may grow strong spiritually in their faith and walk with Jesus
- Pray for the planning and teaching and a programme that is effective
- Pray for protection and safety for the leaders and children
Helping & Serving
- Join the team – There is plenty of opportunities to get involved, eg. registration, preparing crafts, listening, games, being supportive
- Learn together and have fun